4.39.3-1 bug - it is related to virus detection (more info & errors)

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Wed Feb 23 11:39:00 GMT 2005

Jason

There are now further problems. After restarting MailScanner 4.39.3-1 to
clear mqueue.in I noticed that the MailScanner processes were dying
immediately. Stopped MailScanner.

There were 10 jobs in mqueue.in so I set "Debug = yes" and started
MailScanner again. Saw the following error which had not occurred on
earlier Debug runs with 4.39.3-1:

[root at cheviot7 mqueue.in]# service MailScanner start
Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming sendmail:          outgoing sendmail:    [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:       In Debugging mode, not forking...
SA bayes lock is /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock
Bayes lock is at /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock
Can't call method "print" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MIME/Entity.pm line 1803.
                                                           [  OK  ]
[root at cheviot7 mqueue.in]#

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.