4.39.3-1 bug or is it me?

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Wed Feb 23 09:40:19 GMT 2005

Have installed BETA 4.39.3-1 in place of a happily working 4.38.9-1
system on a RH AS 3 system (called "cheviot7") running Sendmail and
SpamAssassin.

Simply did the install as usual then added the new MailScanner.conf
lines to the previous MailScanner.conf file and changed the version
number of course.

After the installation of 4.39.3-1 I also applied Julian's latest patch
(22/Feb) to Message.pm.

System appeared to be running OK but in fact we immediatley started
seeing the following messages in log:

"Feb 22 14:47:43 cheviot7 MailScanner[18419]: Cannot open message file ,
No such file or directory" and messages began to pile up in
/var/spool/mqueue.in.

This error message seems to originate from Message.pm. I see it in the
logs whether I am running the patched version of Message.pm or the
unpatched version.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.