Recieving more pron spam then usual

BB brent.bolin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:55:05 GMT 2005

I Don't know if this is related.  I made a change yesterday to include
bitdefinder as a virus checker.  Also had to edit MailScanner.conf
file for this because of error messages.

Minimum Code Status = beta

I have blacklisted our secondary MX address for some time.  I find
this to be an excellent filter in itself.  Nobody should be sending it
there if we are up.  I know this has been a discussion before, but it
works for me.

What is suppose to happen when mailwatch shows mail as
blacklisted(from secondary) and the user is whitelisted(To always) in
mailscanner ?   It got delivered.

Another porn spam got through to another user with subject -

Fw: Slutty Mommy waiting for you

Here is the spam reported in mailwatch -

SpamAssassin Score:     1.20
Spam Report:
Score   Matching Rule   Description-0.00        BAYES_44        Bayesian classifier says
spam probability is 44 to 50%
0.10    HTML_70_80      Message is 70% to 80% HTML
1.00    HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_04      HTML has images with 200-400 bytes of words
0.10    HTML_MESSAGE    HTML included in message

Spam Lists To Reach High Score = 3

I would think BAYS_44 would have put it over the top.

Looking through the logs I don't think bayes is even working.  It
always shows -0.00

It might be time to upgrade SpamAssassin-2.63_1

O/S FreeBSD 5.3
SpamAssassin-2.63_1
MailScanner-4.31.6 (think this came from development port some time ago)

btb