Best value anti-virus programs

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Fri Feb 18 16:28:01 GMT 2005

Both yes and no, I think...
The "free" version is the actual program (which is
version 7 while their commercial offering seem to be version 8). It
does seem to share the same updates (please correct this if I'm wrong,
someone), and these include executable engines for different types of
data to scan... So the seemingly "commercial" updates are then freely
given to you as a user of the free (use) version.

What is beyond doubt is that BitDefender is a commercial operation,
where they've opted to give some versions away in what is likely a
purely promotional effort. A bit like AntiVir and www.freeav.com ...

-- Glenn