MailScanner: Could not analyze message

Dave Duffner - PSCGi webalizer at NWCWEB.COM
Fri Feb 18 14:46:51 GMT 2005

Glenn,

        Took a rip at that one, here's the twist:

        It could be that software doing it, but I now have
copies of the List digest traffic that fails to be analyzed
the most.  If it sends 15 copies of the Digest out in small
batches so as not to overload with mass CC:'ing, 10+ of those
pass without incident.  But 1-5 of them will fail as being
unable to be analyzed?  I have the MS children set high
enough and nothing sits in queue's long enough to have these
being passed because of overload, so the random part is most
confusing.

        And then we have the fact random inbounds are doing
the same thing, none of those are digest-mode list traffic.
Just random incoming e-mail to users.  It seems to happen
most from Yahoo! traffic, but at least 50% of that traffic
passes without any problems.

        I checked the headers and content on those that pass
outbound, they're hot huge by any means and all the header
info is intact, nothing missing that should cause the failure
you mentioned below.

        Anyone with any ideas on what could be causing this?

        Dave