Best value anti-virus programs

RedRed!com IT Department itdept at REDRED.COM
Thu Feb 17 19:39:47 GMT 2005

Clarification the Mail Scanner version of Vexira is not associated with
MailScanner. It is an email scanner in itself. Sorry if my previous post
confused anyone.

RedRed!com IT Department wrote:
      I would suggest Vexira from Central Command. Primarily
      because that is what we use. It's $299 for the straight virus
      scanner on linux, this is the version that is compatible with
      MS. They also have a Mail Scanner version that is $349 per
      domain, but this version is setup like a proxy so it wouldn't
      be compatible with MS.

      Paul Welsh wrote:

 Hi
I have a single RH9 mail/web server running a licensed copy of F-Prot
Antivirus for Linux Mail Servers.  I decided on F-Prot because I needed only
1 licence per server.  If I renew, I'll purchase F-Prot Antivirus for
Linux/BSD/Solaris File Server because their Mail Server product is now
licensed on a per user basis.  It costs $399.

MailScanner supports a host of anti-virus products and I am making my way
down the list, but to save time can anyone point me in the direction of a
better value alternative, if one exists?

      Before posting, read the MAQ
      (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/)
      and the archives
      (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!