MailScanner: Could not analyze message

Dave Duffner - PSCGi webalizer at NWCWEB.COM
Thu Feb 17 14:13:49 GMT 2005

Greetings,

        Still stumped on this one, has anyone else at least
seen these pop up?  Or might have a clue where the failures
are or what logs I should be looking in to get a better grip
on why this is happening?

        We get the following messages encased in the virus
warning e-mails MS issues:

        MailScanner: Could not analyze message

        It seems to be most prevalent in Digest-mode email
from several list servers we have using the main server
as part of the path.  We want the outgoing mail scanned to
ensure nothing gets past in or out, but randomly this pops
up.

        We're using MS, ClamAV & Spsmassassin in combo on an
Ensim-based linux setup.  Normally it's worked just fine,
but within the last few weeks these started cropping up
on outbound messages that contain digests and inbound messages
that seem to contain FWD's from others to users on our servers.
Notable is that it happens quite a bit to someone using
Yahoo that forwards random 'stuff' to one of our users.

        Any clues helpful!

        Dave

--
Message scanned by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This transmission intended for the