Intermittent Blank Emails

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 13 18:48:02 GMT 2005

I have seen this problem myself, but it has proven to be extremely hard
to track down the cause. I have found a possible reason, and I have a
fix in testing at the moment. It's going to take at least a couple of
weeks to be able to tell if this fix has worked. It will be mentioned in
the changelog of the next version if I have fixed the problem successfully.

Greg Deputy wrote:

>For the last few months I've been seeing intermittent messages that are
>blank.  Various senders, but the messages are usually HTML, and when I
>ask the sender to resend, the message comes across.  I'm now starting to
>have other users report the same issue.
>
>When I check the logs I don't see anything out of the ordinary about the
>blank message.
>
>I saw a post on this in the archives back in Nov of 03, but no replies.
>

>Has anyone else seen this, or have any ideas what is going on?
>
>I just upgraded to MailScanner 4.38.10 today, have been running 4.35.9
>previously.  Other details: Fedora Core 2, Postfix 2.1.5, ClamAV0.81.
>Scanning about 15-20k messages a day.
>
>Thanks.

>Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and

Julian Field