URGENT Zlib related problem

Ron E. ree at THUNDERSTAR.NET
Fri Feb 11 01:00:10 GMT 2005

I tried both installing from binary .rpm and building from source (tar) -
then I ran into the problems and tried reverting but no go.

I tried reverting by force installing the earlier .rpm for the version
that was working and by building the earlier version that was working from
source. On both I'm getting glibc related errors.

One fellow I talked to gave me the idea of force removing the newer rpm
and then reinstalling the correct rpm, or doing a yum update zlib

Any thoughts?