Bayes and spam increase?

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Mon Feb 7 19:06:44 GMT 2005

Thanks!  I'll do the same.

Thanks,

Magda

             "Jeff A.
             Earickson"
             <jaearick at COLBY.E                                          To
             DU>                       MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner
             mailing list                                          Subject
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC         Re: Bayes and spam increase?
             MAIL.AC.UK>

             02/07/2005 01:41
             PM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

This sounds like the "bayes poisoning" issue that has been discussed
numerous times on this list.  I've kept the following in my
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file:

score BAYES_00 0 0 -0.05 -0.05
score BAYES_01 0 0 -0.04 -0.04
score BAYES_10 0 0 -0.03 -0.03
score BAYES_20 0 0 -0.02 -0.02
score BAYES_30 0 0 -0.01 -0.01

I don't trust Bayes enough to let it substantially lower a score --
only to increase a score.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Magda Hewryk wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:22:41 -0500
> From: Magda Hewryk <MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM>
> To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
> Subject: Re: Bayes and spam increase?
>
> Yes, I've got a lot  untagged spam email on the weekend.  I found
BAYES_00