Bayes and spam increase?

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Mon Feb 7 18:22:41 GMT 2005

Yes, I've got a lot  untagged spam email on the weekend.  I found BAYES_00
-2.60 attached to all of them.

Thanks,

Magda

             Matt Kettler
             <mkettler at EVI-INC
             .COM>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner                                                cc
             mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC                                     Subject
             MAIL.AC.UK>               Re: Bayes and spam increase?

             02/07/2005 11:23
             AM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

At 10:43 AM 2/7/2005, Fractal IT Dept. wrote:
>Hi everyone!
>
>We've noticed an increase in the number of spam sneaking through with
>scores "just under" our threshold. After looking through the headers for
>these messages, I've noticed that bayes seems to have "no opinion" on the
>majority of these (ie. no bayes entry). Am I missing something? I thought
>bayes would score every message?

That's not entirely true, especially for the 2.6 series.. in 2.6x or 2.5x,
In those any "no matches" or other 50/50 chance does not get a BAYES_ rule
match.

Can you tell us what version of SpamAssassin you are using?