Missing Mails Sendmail + ClamAV + Mailscanner

Devi devi.sambamoorthy at INMAIL.TRANQUILMONEY.COM
Mon Feb 7 07:13:12 GMT 2005

Hi All,
Some mails that reach my user community are missing. These are my relevant
observations,
1. It is not a virus
2. It is not struck in any queue
3. The maillog (it is same for Mailscanner and Sendmail) reads something like,

Feb  3 20:50:42 inmail sendmail[13093]: j13FKYEm013093: from=<abc at abc.com>,
size=140405, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<008c01c50a05$09bc3250$031a10ac at GloriaPC>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA,
relay=abc.com [129.33.228.39]
Feb  3 20:50:43 inmail sendmail[13133]: j13FKYEm013093: to=<def at def.com>,
delay=00:00:08, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=260405, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

Though the log says stat=sent the user is not receiving it. I verified the
user's mail box (in server itself) it is not reaching him.

4. This mail is cc'ed to two other persons and they are receiving it.

Please suggest what might have went wrong.

My setup is this,
White Box Enterprise Linux release 3.0 (Liberation Respin 1)+ Sendmail +
MailScanner + ClamAV

Thanks,
Devi S.