Slightly OT: virtual hosting

Vlad Mazek vlad at MAZEK.COM
Sat Feb 5 02:32:45 GMT 2005

Looks like frontierhomemortgage.com is a sendmail/qpopper box. Given all
your alternatives, changing the entire email system from the ground up
sounds like a major overkill, compared to maintaining several flat ascii
files by hand, especially in an environment with $0 budget where user
count is not going to increase all that much.

Leave sendmail/mailscanner as is and research dovecot a little. It will
allow you to use a custom authentication (ie, their email address can be
their username, and they can keep accesing the same mbox file that
sendmail or procmail currently deliver mail to).

Given all the tradeoffs, that seems like the least amount of work.

-Vlad Mazek
ExchangeDefender