Duplicate Message ID's

John Crossan john.crossan at valleypres.org
Thu Feb 3 22:53:17 GMT 2005

MailScanner     v. 4.35.11
SpamAssassin    v. 3.0.1
Postfix                 v. 2.1.4
ClamAV          v. 0.80/699
Mailwatch               v. 0.5.1

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Brad Beckenhauer
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 2:22 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Duplicate Message ID's

John,
Start with giving us some version information.
MailScanner v.
SpamAssassin v.
Postfix v.
ClamAV v.
Mailwatch v.

Also,
Julian added some postfix changes in v4.37.6 released in December 04 that
may be relevant to your issue.

>From the Change Log:

<SNIP>
- Changed Postfix handling so that "Archive Mail" feature creates files
  with unique names so that re-used message-ids don't cause overwriting of
  older files in the same day with the same message-id.
</SNIP>

Brad

>>> John Crossan<john.crossan at VALLEYPRES.ORG> 2/3/2005 3:42:25 PM >>>
I have MailScanner and Mailwatch for MailScanner running.
We are running MailScanner, SpamAssassin, postfix, ClamAV, and Mailwatch.
I could not use mailwatch to release a message from quarantine today
(February 3)  because it had the same ID as a message received in December.
I had to release it manually. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
John Crossan
Systems Administrator
Valley Presbyterian Hospital

Message ID: C3F6017C3BC
 Message Headers: Received: from adsl-63-196-151-90.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net
(firewall.valleypres.org [192.6.1.253])
by clamav.valleypres.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id C3F6017C3BC
for <john.crossan at valleypres.org>; Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:42:01 -0800 (PST)
1.8e)

Message ID:C3F6017C3BC
Message Headers: Received: from mail.valleypres.org (firewall.valleypres.org
for <tracey.talley at valleypres.org>; Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:10:57 -0800 (PST)