SP scoring

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Thu Feb 3 20:21:56 GMT 2005

Hi,

Anybody can answer why option A)is scored so low comparing to option B)?
What I'm missing in the SA config that the scoring is so inaccurate?

A)
not spam, SpamAssassin (score=1.318, required 4.9, autolearn=disabled,
> RAZOR2_CHECK 0.15, URIBL_SBL 0.63, URIBL_WS_SURBL 0.54)"

vs.

B)
score=5.36, required 5, BAYES_00 -2.60, BIZ_TLD 2.29, URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21,
URIBL_SBL 1.00, URIBL_WS_SURBL 1.46

Thanks,

Magda Hewryk
--------------------------------
Mid-Range Systems
905-273-1637 (Office)
416-554-0743 (Cell)

             "Hirsh, Joshua"
             <joshua.hirsh at PAR
             TNERSOLUTIONS.CA>                                          To
             Sent by:                  MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner                                                cc
             mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC                                     Subject
             MAIL.AC.UK>               Re: autolearn , spam

             02/03/2005 01:59
             PM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

> I just wonder what is wrong with my SA config?  Does not score
> the below email as Spam. What is the autolearn=disabled mean?  Bayes?
>
> not spam, SpamAssassin (score=1.318, required 4.9, autolearn=disabled,
> RAZOR2_CHECK 0.15, URIBL_SBL 0.63, URIBL_WS_SURBL 0.54)"
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magda

Funny... it marked it as spam for me:
score=5.36, required 5, BAYES_00 -2.60, BIZ_TLD 2.29, URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21,
URIBL_SBL 1.00, URIBL_WS_SURBL 1.46

Which version of SpamAssassin are you running?

If you don't use bayes or you have "bayes_auto_learn 1" set, autolearn will
show as disabled.

Regards,

-Joshua