OT Taking care of mail errors and dnsreport.com

Billy Pumphrey billy at PLANETGEEK.BIZ
Wed Feb 2 16:51:41 GMT 2005

My alias file seems to be /etc/aliases and it has:
#
#  Aliases in this file will NOT be expanded in the header from #  Mail, but
WILL be visible over networks or from /bin/mail.
#
#       >>>>>>>>>>      The program "newaliases" must be run after
#       >> NOTE >>      this file is updated for any changes to
#       >>>>>>>>>>      show through to sendmail.
#

# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
mailer-daemon:  postmaster
postmaster:     root

Then some other entries..............
Then ...

# mailman aliases
mailman:        postmaster
mailman-owner:  mailman

newsadm:        news
newsadmin:      news
usenet:         news
ftpadm:         ftp
ftpadmin:       ftp
ftp-adm:        ftp
ftp-admin:      ftp

# trap decode to catch security attacks
decode:         root

# Person who should get root's mail
root:           administrator at woodmaclaw.com

---------- In my mailertable I have this....
woodmaclaw.com          esmtp:[10.1.1.2]
www.woodmaclaw.com      esmtp:[10.1.1.2]

---------- In my relay-domains I have this....
Woodmaclaw.com
www.woodmaclaw.com

I am confused about naming the mailscanner.woodmaclaw.local to
mailscanner.woodmaclaw.com.  Do I need to do this even though the computer
is in my local domain?

Seems like you have a similar setup as me?  I have...
--- path of mail ----
Internet
My csu/dsu 68.xxx.xxx.xxx
My router (linux smoothwall distro)
My mailscanner machine (mailscanner.woodmaclaw.local) My MS Exchange machine
(woodendc.woodmaclaw.local)

Billy Pumphrey
IT Manager
Wooden & McLaughlin