Question on upgrading ClamAV

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.mailscanner at ADVENTURAS.NO
Tue Feb 1 17:05:47 GMT 2005

> Hello everyone.
>
> Had a quick question on upgrading clamav on my mailscanner setup.
> My setup:
>
> FreeBSD 4.9
> Sendmail 8.12.11
> MailScanner 4.29 (Yes, I know it needs updating) :)
>
> I came in this morning and updated my clamav from 0.80 to 0.81.
> Everything appeared to have gone well. However, I know get a funny error
> when I try and run 'freshclam' to update my definitions. I get the
> following:
>
> Can't change dir to /usr/local/share/clamav

a bit of advice from from /usr/ports/UPDATING:

20041222:
  AFFECTS: users of security/clamav, security/clamav-devel
  AUTHOR: jylefort at brutele.be

  The ClamAV database path has changed from /usr/local/share/clamav to
  /var/db/clamav. You should update the DatabaseDirectory keyword in
  /usr/local/etc/clamd.conf and /usr/local/etc/freshclam.conf.