Non Nested rules quiry

Howard Robinson Howard at HARPER-ADAMS.AC.UK
Tue Feb 1 15:25:28 GMT 2005

Hello,
I have 60 staff and students in China that keep having their emails coming into college marked as spam. They are using about 10 different domains.
I want to allow emails from them to four specific staff members here without them being checked for spam.
I though I had it sussed but Mailscanner protests when restarting with a syntax error in the rules file.
What I have tried so far is:-
In MailScanner.conf I have (with other blurb snipped and tabs for spacing)
Is Definitely Not Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules

In %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules
# note line wrapped
To:   usera at harper-adams.ac.uk
 /etc/MailScanner/rules/chinaemail.rules.list

FromOrTo:       default         no

In /etc/MailScanner/rules/chinaemail.rules.list
I have
From: userz at domain1 yes
From: usery at domain2 yes
From: userx at domain1 yes
FromOrTo: default no

My idea was that only if it were for usera would mailscanner need to look at the from address however in the book (p309) it says that rules can't be nested other than files full address patterns.
However p304 option 14 looks to me to contradict this.

Have I got this wrong?

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk