"Restart Every" option in MailScanner.conf?

Joost Waversveld joost at WAVERSVELD.NL
Fri Dec 30 21:06:52 GMT 2005

> On 30/12/05, Joost Waversveld <joost at waversveld.nl> wrote:
>> (snip)
>>
>> Yes, this would break the RFC. Unfortunately you're depending on the
>> sending MTA so that would mean you COULD lose some e-mail. I've seen it
>> happen, but I cannot remember the exact situation.....
>>
>> Personally I do not want to depend on some one else's mailserver if you
>> understand what I mean....
>>

> ?
> You *always* (or rather _they_ always) depend on the sending MTA doing
> "the right thing"... Fortunately for you, until the time "they"
> actually succeed in sending you the message, it's none of your
> concern. ... So Peter is right...;)
>
> --
> -- Glenn
> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se

Ok, you're right that it SHOULD be the sender's problem, because they
use an MTA which does not follow the RFC.

I did not know the text from the RFC till you mentoined it. Now I do, I
see my advice is wrong, so please ignore it.

On the other hand, I really do not want to explain to our customers
that they lost e-mail because of this, although we are not to blame. In
their vision it would be our fault.

Greets,

Joost Waversveld.