.wmf vulnerability

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Dec 29 19:34:01 GMT 2005

Ken A wrote:
> Kevin,
> Thank you. I didn't realize the allow rules worked that way, though I
> should have! .. more coffee!
> Ken

You're welcome.  Truth be told, I didn't either, but I have a terciary
level mail gateway that MailWatch shows catching 76.3% high scoring
spam, and 14.3% spam.  I hardly ever see a legitimate message traverse
it so it's a great box to test things on!  Guess the spammers theory is
that the lowest level MX gateway is the least likely to be up to date,
but in my case it's the first one I do when I upgrade.  I can blow it up
all day long and nobody will notice! <g>

I knew the allows were in there, but always took them for granted.  Nice
doing a science experiment every now and again to broaden my horizons...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500