Help in resolving problem

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Dec 29 19:04:42 GMT 2005

Jon Miller wrote:
> I ran
> # spamassassin -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
> came back with one issue and I would like to know how do I fix the following:
> debug: failed to load Net::DNS::Resolver: Can't locate Net/DNS.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/perl5 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 113.
>
> I running this on Debian 3.1 with
> SpamAssassin version 3.0.3
>   running on Perl version 5.8.4

In order to use SpamAssassin's DNS based tests, such as URIBLs, SPF and RBLs,
you need to install the Net::DNS perl module, either from distribution packages
for your OS, or using perl's CPAN.

If you don't want to use any DNS tests, comment out the loadplugin command for
the URIBL plugin in your init.pre file (should be in /etc/mail/spamassassin or
similar).