.wmf vulnerability

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Dec 29 17:37:25 GMT 2005

Ken A wrote:

> Thanks Wess, I do understand that, but what I'm wondering about is the
> strings returned by the file command are based on
> /usr/share/file/magic, which reports things like perl and shell
> scripts as executable - so they are blocked in the default
> filetype.rules.conf. I don't want to treat them the same as a windows
> metafile hiding as some innocent .txt file.
>
> Does anyone has a real world filetype.rules.conf file that is a bit
> more permissive than the default, but still catches the windows junk.

In my (default) filetype.rules.conf the first four lines are:

allow   text            -                       -
allow   script          -                       -
allow   archive         -                       -
allow   postscript      -                       -

The second should allow perl and shell scripts through.  I just sent
myself a bash script, and a .pl file and they came through just fine.

HTH...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500