removed attachment and notification to recipients

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 28 20:47:51 GMT 2005

So if there are also wanted attachments or not, you want the recipient
to just get the body of the message and the allowed attachments (if any).

It's not easy, but it is possible. I need to search the message entity
tree until I find the right attachment, which also has the right
safe-name, and then remove it from the tree without causing a memory leak.

If other people need this as well, then I'll consider doing it.
Financial bribery may be necessary unless several other people are going
to use this feature. Essentially, as far as you are concerned, there will be
    allow
    deny
    deny+delete
    deny+deletesilently
as possible type of statement in filename.rules.conf and
filetype.rules.conf.

Yossi Mor wrote:

>Hi Julian,
>
>First of all thanks for tour solution but users still get notification on
>those removed files.
>
>Is there an option to send a notification to system admin only and not to
>recipients? So he will take care for those emails.
>
>If i quarentine the whole message is it suitable enough?
>
>I am working on MR version 4.30.3
>
>Regards, Mor
>
>Yossi
>
>On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:36:35 +0000, Julian Field
><MailScanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>>--
>>This message has been scanned for viruses and
>>dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>>believed to be clean.

>>'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
>>Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
>>the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
>>
>>Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
>Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and

Julian Field

believed to be clean.