delete from the mailq

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 20 21:41:14 GMT 2005

On 20/12/05, Jan Agermose <ja at conviator.com> wrote:
> >define(`confQUEUE_SORT_ORDER', `time')dnl
> >that should solve his immediate problem, its not a default option, and
> if
> >not already he should also add in:
> >define(`confSEPARATE_PROC',`True')dnl
> >define(`confDOUBLE_BOUNCE_ADDRESS',`')dnl

(snip)
> What does the above do?

Not much. The receiving MTA will just pool things for MailScanner to
pick up.... Which will have switched to "emergency mode" (which is
basically the same effect as the above, as far as I can see)... It
does so at a set queue size (look in your MailScanner.conf to see what
queue size it'll "switch mode" at for you).

> It actually looked as if new mails was handled before the old queued
> mails so operation was sort of normal. New mails where only delayed a
> bit.

.... Which fit rather well with the above explanation;-).

--
-- Glenn