4.48 BUG?: SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Dec 16 19:24:18 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> It is quite possible that using this variable over-rides the local site
> rules dir normally processed by SpamAssassin. If this is the case, I
> need to change the documentation for this setting to include a warning
> about this behaviour.
>
> Matt (Kettler) ---- Can you confirm this for me please? (as my resident
> SA guru :-)

I believe that's true, but of course I only know what SA will do, and I don't
know what MS is doing with the "SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir" option. I'm
assuming that MS is feeding the "SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir" into
Mail::SpamAssassin->new as the site_rules_filename.

If that's true, then yes, it will force-override SA's automatic hunting around
for  a site_rules_dir, which normally finds /etc/mail/spamassassin/ or
/etc/spamassassin and uses that.