Other blocked content ruleset

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Thu Dec 15 22:00:45 GMT 2005

Drew Marshall wrote:
> On Mon, December 5, 2005 21:29, Drew Marshall wrote:

>> i.e. I want to *not* send a notification for attachments that are too
>> small but I do still want to send notifications for any of the other
>> blocked content. As you can see, could some one fill in my blank
>> space and stop my maillog filling with 'Syntax error in first field
>> in line 3 of ruleset' as my wall can't take my more head bashing!
>
> I really must stop replying to myself!
>
> I still haven't found any answer to this. Anyone got any clues?
> Julian, please?
>
> Drew

Drew,

Sorry for the late reply - still catching up on the list.  I just dealt
with this recently.  Here's what I did.  I modified languages.conf,
changing AttachmentTooSmall to be "Attachment is too small (too-small)".
For completeness, I changed AttachmentTooLarge in the same way.  Then I
modified MailScanner.conf, and added "too-small" to the list of Silent
Viruses.  This seems to prevent notifications.  You don't have to use
"too-small", you could use some other string which has no spaces in
AttachmentTooSmall and Silent Viruses.

Hope this helps.

Jase