Strange scoring problem

Sam liste-mailscanner at INGESCOM.COM
Wed Dec 14 16:03:29 GMT 2005

Kai Schaetzl a écrit :

>Sam wrote on         Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:07:56 +0100:
>

>>score BAYES_00 -6.0
>>score BAYES_20 0.0
>>score BAYES_50 6.0
>>score BAYES_80 7.0
>>score BAYES_99 8.0
>>

>It is strongly suggested to use custom scores that do not boost a message
>to spam alone. Frankly, BAYES_50 6.0 is bound for disaster since 50 means
>Bayes doesn't know if it is ham or spam. You are tweaking at the wrong
>end. I really suggest reading more up about SA.
>
>Kai

Thanks a lot for your answer,

I've tried to custom this scores beacause they gave good result for the
moment.
Our office in France only receive french email.
A few french email have some line with english legal notices ... that's all

For a few weeks with 500/800 messages per days I only got 1 message
marked as spam by error.
more than 90 % of spams are marked as BAYES_99 (that's why I did not
notice the BAYES_95 error before)

But I'm just newbie with mailscanner/SA ... so I will be carefull with
what I do custom.

Thanks for your help.
Sam.