Greylisting wiki article

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue Dec 13 14:03:28 GMT 2005

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Ugo Bellavance wrote on         Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:37:12 -0500:
>
>> Comments welcome!
>
> Ugo, excellent article. It just works the same on Suse (8.* and 9.*) and CentOS4. I installed
> the milter yesterday on a bunch of systems and it worked on all of them right from start.
>
> I'm just a bit confused with this:
>> Feel free to try using libsfp or libspf2 libraries. I successfully compiled the milter with libspf2 on a fedora core 1 server, but I can^Òt do it on this CentOS server. I^Òll eventually do more installs, so hopefully I^Òll be able to add SPF-enabled milter instructions, but the README does talk about it a little bit.
>
> Do you refer to milter-spf or so? Or do you mean including spf2 in milter-greylist?

Compiling milter-greylist with spf support.  I'll edit that line soon.

> Your configure line:
> /configure --libdir=/usr/local/include/spf2/
>
> I used:
> /configure --with-user=daemon --with-libspf2=/usr/local
>
> I think if you don't use --with-libspf2 it won't link it in, so there's no spf whether
> you tell it where the libraries are or not.

Ah!  Thanks for pointing this out.  That must be the reason why the
milter didn't seem to honor SPF-compliant messages!

> I would also recommend using the --with-user switch unless one wants to use what the milter
> puts in as default.

The user should run as an unprivileged user I guess?

> I used HACK instead of FEATURE, works just the same.

Ok,

>> 8. Make a copy of your sendmail.cf and rebuild it. Then look at the .cf file to see if you have the right entries (see README)
>> 9. Create your sendmail.cf from sendmail.mc
>
> Not clear what you want to say with that. Isn't both the same?

Kind of.  I'll edit that.  It was just way too late ;)

Thanks a lot Kai!

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.