cannot install Mail::ClamAV perl module

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 09:48:14 GMT 2005

On 09/12/05, Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama.com> wrote:
> That was it. ldconfig. Anyways, I always edit the install.sh script and
> add "--enable-milter" to be able to use clamav-milter, and remove the
> --disable-zlib-vcheck because I *like* knowing when my zlib's out of
> date ;).

Thing is, some (perhaps demented:-) distros will have the patched zlib
installed, but will not have updated the zlib version number (weakness
of rpm package handling stategy there, to say the least.... Has seen
this with older versions of Mandriva). So to keep things as simple as
possible, I think Jules is doing the right thing, more or less.

> Would be nice to have those as a command line option, though.

Definitely. Choice is always good:-).

--
-- Glenn