cannot install Mail::ClamAV perl module

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Thu Dec 8 22:41:53 GMT 2005

Adrian Mak wrote:

> # Can't load
> '/root/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.17/blib/arch/auto/Mail/ClamAV/ClamAV.so'
> for module Mail::ClamAV: libclamav.so.1: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
> #  at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/Inline.pm line 500
> anybody know what's the problem ?

> Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/)
> and the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
>
> *Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!*

Perl's CPAN module can't find "libclamav.so.1". Maybe you haven't
compiled ClamAV. Maybe you (or the installer) put it in the wrong place,
or you may need to run something that updates the way (or the places
where) the OS looks for shared libraries like libclamav.so.1 - although
I can't remember if it's either "ldconfig" or "depmod -a".