Want spam lists to have spamassassin score and not spam list count in MS

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Dec 8 18:49:34 GMT 2005

Chris W. Parker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd really like to stop receiving emails that are marked as spam even
> though they're whitelisted. As far as I've been told this is because the
> email(s) is appearing on more spam lists than my MailScanner
> configuration allows.
>
> To me this seems wrong (considering the email is whitelisted!) but the
> consesus seems to be that it is expected behavior.
>
> I want the spam lists to simply help discover spam rather than tell me
> something is spam when it is in fact not.
>
> How can I do this?

Just use SpamAssassin's built-in RBL abilities and disable MailScanner's spam lists.

In general, if you have the Net::DNS perl module, SA should already be doing
this unless you've set skip_rbl_checks to 1 in your config.