Feature Idea: MailScanner process name

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Thu Dec 8 18:31:24 GMT 2005

Steve Freegard wrote on         Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:36:47 +0000:

> What do you think??

I like that!
BTW, on a somewhat related issue: I changed the logging facility of
MailScanner, so that I get a separate log which consists of MailScanner
actions only and no clutter in the normal mail log anymore. You can set
the logging facility in MailScanner.conf, f.i. to "news" (which is
unlikely for most systems to run on the same machine or at all) and then
redirect news with /etc/syslogd.conf to /var/log/mailscanner.log or
whatever you like. Don't forget a file for logrotate.d!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany