Log Analysis

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Thu Dec 8 13:36:28 GMT 2005

[...]

Well I got the latest of everything and installed it and everything went
fine, except for the addition of the MailWatch Admin user. When I tried to
add that I had a column count error and I just looked at the table structure
and added ,'0','0','0','0','' to the end of the command and all was well.
MailWatch.pm came right up and started logging. As I have very
geographically dispersed servers I have a program that each one uses to
retrieve updates or new items and process and install so I have to write
install scripts that will run unattended for anything like this. It was
actually easy so I had them all up and operational in about 10 min after
writing/testing the install script.

Now I have noted one problem I have to look into, and yes I will subscribe
to the MailWatch list, but I store and forward spam and when I did a test
release of one of the spams it was really messed up with the To name missing
in the display and looking a the headers it was ugly and the apparent to
name it released to was the forwarded mailbox user name not the originally
intended recipient.

Other than that all appears to be fine. Of course if you are not familiar
with MySql that admin user problem could get you into a real trick bag.

My apologies again to anyone who was offended or thought I was disrespecting
MailWatch, that wasn't my intention. I only wanted to point out that
installation wasn't as simple as following the docs, and still isn't, but
what ever the issue with the older version of MailWatch was when it came to
connection to the database it has certainly been solved.

Rick

believed to be clean.