Log Analysis

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 7 11:14:31 GMT 2005

On 06/12/05, Rick Cooper <rcooper at dwford.com> wrote:
> [...]

Don't be (sorry), I can well relate to this not meaning that much to you.
Still, there are reason we who actually run MW are a bit fanatical about it:-):
- MailWatch is a _very_ handy tool
- It has a huge "PHB charming effect"
- It has a large amount of convenience functions, both for users and admins
- <insert favourite hype... I've got a bad cold and can't think straight....:-)>

So recommending it isn't all about it being easy to set up, it's about
it actually adding value to the whole system... Oh well, now *I* sound
likea sales rep....

Your problem _is_ strange though, and it would certainly benefit the
MW community to try penetrate it, and possibly benefit you too....:-).
I assume you've checked the DBI trace and couldn't find anything in there?
What version(s) of DBI/DBD-mysql and MW did you try? The
"finicky-ness" about DBD-mysql should have gone away with MW 1.x ....
Also.... what users have you tried as? The same as you run the MTA as?

If you'd rather not pursue this, then just say so and I'll shut up...
Otherwise, let's take it over to the MW list...:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn