Store & Forward Email

Andrea Bazzanini - ITEXMIL1 andrea.bazzanini at PREMIEREGLOBAL.IT
Tue Dec 6 16:25:25 GMT 2005

Drew Marshall wrote:Thanks !!  :)

>virtual-aliases
>
>maruscya at mydomain.it marcuscya at gateway.maydomain.it
>marcuscya at exchange.mydomain.it

I think that all address is writed on one line only !?!?
I search the viartual-alias on configuration parameters, but i can't
find it... i found only virtual_alias_maps ...

>virtual-mailbox-maps
>
>marcuscya at gateway.maydomain.it  /path/to/virt/mailboxes/marcuscya/.maildir/

The same problem.. i found only virtual_mailbox_maps

>transport-map
>
>exchange.mydomain.it  relay:[ip.add.exchane.box]

I use domain.example  smtp:[IP] is it ok or i need change into Relay:[ip]?

>I would then use something like Courier to manage the IMAP connection and
>set the imap.cf file to delete mail in the inbox over x days old so you
>don't have Gb's of mail that you users won't need (Unless you need/ want
>to retain an archive).

The first step is create a copy :) The second step is store last 30 days !

>This will then have all your mail scanned by MailScanner with one copy
>dropped into individual gateway mailboxes and to the Exchange box, which
>is what I think you want to do?

Only one question... I receive email like maruscya at domain.it i must
forward to exchange the same address. I cannot change domain into
maruscya at exchange.mydomain.it (my KnowHow on exchange is low at the
moment) Is it a problem??

Thanks a lot for your help.

Maruscya!!!