MailScanner stoped working after PERL upgrade (I think so)

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Mon Dec 5 17:32:38 GMT 2005

Julian Field spake the following on 12/5/2005 9:03 AM:

> On 5 Dec 2005, at 15:32, Boris Jordanov / ^Q>@8A ^Y>@40=>2
> wrote:

>>>[root at im MailScanner]# ll /var/spool/postfix/hold/
>>>total 4
>>>-rwx------  1 postfix postfix 985 Dec  5 17:26 459D616FBD
>>>
>>>[root at im MailScanner]# service MailScanner restart
>>>Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
>>>         MailScanner:                                      [FAILED]
>>>         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>>>         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>>>Starting MailScanner daemons:
>>>         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>>>         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>>>         MailScanner:       In Debugging mode, not forking...
>>>MsgContSize=459 DataOffset=0 NumRecips=0
>>>Content size = 459
>>>Data offset  = 0
>>>Num Recips   = 0
>>>Can't call method "DropFromBatch" on unblessed reference at
>>>/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Postfix.pm line 332.
>

> Data offset = 0 implies a broken message. What version of Postfix are
> you using now? Wouldn't be surprised if Wietse has changed Postfix
> again to break MailScanner.
> Does it work okay on other messages, is it just this one?

I wish Wietse would stop feuding with Julian and just accept
MailScanner. It is like he is stuck in "god mode". It would be so much
better for the community at large to have the choice without constantly
having things break.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |