MailScanner stoped working after PERL upgrade (I think so)

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 14:44:07 GMT 2005

It didn't give you a line number did it?
And what does the end of the maillog look like when it's just bombed
out with this?

And does this patch to Postfix.pm fix the problem?

    [ Part 1.2, Application/X-GZIP  736bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 1.3: "Attached Text" ]

On 5 Dec 2005, at 09:51, Boris Jordanov / Ð^ÑоÑ^ÀиÑ^Á Ð^ÙоÑ^Àданов
wrote:

> Hi MailScanners. Last night, after (i think so) a Perl upgrade to
> perl-5.8.6-18 (Fedora Core 4, selinux disabled) MailScanner stoped
> working. The setup is MailScanner+Postfix+SpamAssassin+Pyzor. For the
> moment SpamAssassin+Pyzor are not active.
> When I saw the problem I've upgraded MailScanner to 4.48.4-2(rpm)
> but no
> change.
> The mail makes it's way to the hold directory, and when it comes to
> MailScanner (Debug=yes):
>
> Can't call method "DropFromBatch" on unblessed reference at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Postfix.pm
>
> This is the one and only debug line and the proces dies. When
> SpamAssassin is enabled there is much more output, but everything
> before
> this line looks perfect.
>
> Any ideas/help?

Julian Field