Viruses apparently getting through

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Dec 3 17:43:03 GMT 2005

Where is your copy of ClamAV installed? The location must be correct in
/etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf.
If "which clamscan" produces /usr/local/bin/clamscan, then the entry in
virus.scanners.conf should be "/usr/local", if it produces
/usr/bin/clamscan, then it should be "/usr".

What does your maillog say? That should give some indication of what
it's finding.

Gib Gilbertson Jr. wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I seeing a lot of e-mails getting through that are caught by ZoneAlarm
> Security Suite and reported to be infected by the Win32.Sober.W!.ZIP
> virus. These are coming in as attachments with the extension .zm9 as
> reported by ZoneAlarm.
>

> I am running the following on FreeBSD 4.10
>
> MailScanner 4.32.4
> ClamAV 0.87.1/1200
>
> I've added a file types rule to deny \.zm9$ files
>
> I'm still getting them in e-mail though.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> gib
>

>      Gib Gilbertson Jr.