GreyListing experiences

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Dec 2 16:30:08 GMT 2005

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> When I restart milter-greylist sendmail gets
> refused the socket connection. I found that I have to restart
> milter-greylist, sendmail and then milter-greylist again to stop this. How
> can this be avoided?

Important question: Why are you restarting milter-greylist?

In general you don't need to ever restart milter-greylist, as it periodically
checks to see if greylist.conf has been modified and will reload it if it has.

Don't believe me? Try it and check your logs for messages like this:

Nov 28 16:13:06 xanadu milter-greylist: reloading "/etc/mail/greylist.conf

The only time you should need to restart milter-greylist is when it has gotten
wedged or is otherwise borked.