Debian Sarge update_virus_scanners

paddy paddy at PANICI.NET
Fri Dec 2 13:50:52 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 02:45:17PM -0500, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> >Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> >>Hmmm... none of the scripts in /etc/MailScanner/autoupdate is
> >>executable... is that normal?
> >
> >Doesn't look normal..
> >
> >[root at sauron ~]# cd /usr/lib/MailScanner
> >[root at sauron MailScanner]# ll clamav-autoupdate bitdefender-autoupdate
> >-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 22523 Sep  1 14:16 bitdefender-autoupdate
> >-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  2104 Sep  1 14:16 clamav-autoupdate
> >
> >- dhawal
> >

> Is there a way, with debian, to know what was supposed to be the
> permissions in the .deb package?

I'd imagine they're in the data archive file inside the .deb (which
itself is just an certain type of ar file).  I don't know if there's any
policy or custom and practice around maniuplating those perms
from the various install scripts, but you should find those scripts under
/var/lib/dpkg/info/.  IIRC they're not terribly long or difficult to
read.

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall