worm emails marked as possible spam

IT Dept itdept at FRACTALWEB.COM
Fri Dec 2 01:25:50 GMT 2005

Ken Goods wrote:

>In my case I had two versions of ClamAV running on my machine and running
>scanscan from the command line would use the newer version and catch the
>viruses but MailScanner using the wrapper was using the older version and
>wouldn't.
>
>Thanks to the sharp eye (and much more experience) of Glenn Steen, the light
>bulb finally went off. If you think there's any chance of this being your
>problem take a look at the Antivirus woes... thread from yesterday.

Ken,

You may be on to something here. If I do:

# rpm -qa | grep -i clam
webppliance-clamav-frontend-3.7.1-10
clamav-0.65-4
webppliance-clamav-3.7.1-10

According to RPM, I have 0.65-4 of ClamAV installed, but from the shell,
I get something different:

# clamscan --version
ClamAV 0.87.1/1200/Thu Dec  1 09:26:35 2005

Unfortunately, I don't have yesterday's threads (this mailbox got a bit
overstuffed), so I missed a bunch. Any hints on how to resolve?

Thanks,
Chris