bayes fails learning, but only sometimes

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 1 22:39:08 GMT 2005

On 01/12/05, Matt Kettler <mkettler at evi-inc.com> wrote:
> IT Dept wrote:
>
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > # grep bayes_file_mode *
> > spam.assassin.prefs.conf:bayes_file_mode            0666
>
> That's bad.. you should fix it to 0777.

Yes, but is it that that is causing the file failure? I wonder...
Is the filesystem "starved" for space or inodes? Check with "df" (Not
@*nix  ATM, so you'll have to check the man-page if it doesn't report
inode consumption by default)...
Also, is the system otherwise healthy?
No errors in the system logs that look sinister?
If you're able to, running fsck on the filesystem in question wouldn't
be a bad idea either.

--
-- Glenn