Antidrug.cf deprecated and no longer maintained.

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Dec 1 18:45:39 GMT 2005

(Re-post of my 11/29/2005 post to spamassassin users)

Since a lot of people are still using antidrug.cf, I'm making a public
announcement here to clarify.

Antidrug.cf is deprecated and obsolete for all users of SpamAssassin 3.0.0 or
higher. These rules are now a part of the standard SA distribution, and any
improvements will likely happen directly in the SA project and not on the .cf file.

I may at some point in the future, if I ever have spare time again, make a new
ruleset, but it will be a separate file (ie: antidrug_post31.cf).

Unless you're using SA 2.64, remove the ruleset, as it will cover-up any future
improvements that may be contributed to the SA distribution.

If you're using a version older than 2.64, you almost certainly have a remotely
exploitable DoS vulnerability, and need to upgrade.