Incoming attachments with multiple "." in the name

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Thu Dec 1 17:47:00 GMT 2005

Just a quick question.

Recently, our investors have been sending us spreadsheet files with
information that is important to us. However, they have been naming the
files with multiple “periods” in them. For example:

Todays.file.01.xls

These files get stripped off at the mailgateway as ClamAV:

Filename Checks: Found possible filename hiding (jB1EO4rT076234
051201.F1.WFL.xls)

Is there a way around this, but ensuring that no true hidden viruses get
to the internal network? Is there some type of customization I can make
so this won’t happen, and my users won’t freak out?

I appreciate it.

-Jason