spam checks on outgoing mail

Michele Neylon:: Blacknight.ie michele at BLACKNIGHT.IE
Thu Dec 1 01:47:33 GMT 2005

> First, does anyone here just whitelist their internal mail server so
>> MailScanner never checks the mail to be as SPAM?
>>
>> Are there any disadvantages to this setup?

It obviously depends on what your mail server(s) are doing and where
they are located etc.,

Our office mailserver only handles mail (outgoing) and serves files
etc., while the majority of other servers on our network would also
serve web content etc., Naturally, from our perspective, outbound spam
checks on all servers not only makes sense, but has saved us from
"issues" on more than one occassion.

YMMV

Michele

--