New feature: "Reject Message"

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Thu Dec 1 01:36:33 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote:

>When you want to reject messages to or from a particular address, the
>usual answer is "do it in the MTA". The hazard with this is that the
>rejection message sent back to the sender is very brief and very
>technical. Somewhere in it, the message will probably say "550 Access
>denied" or some equally unhelpful message.

I usually make my MTA reject crap with entries like:

551 Mail Rejected - Please check http://www.my-server.com/bounces/

or

551 Mail Rejected - Please visit
http://my-server.com/whybounce.php?ip=1.2.3.4

... where whybounce.php is just a form that shows a more specific reason
(date, time and content that triggered the blacklisting) and a contact
number, along with a gmail.com address that gets checked once per day.