problem with bayes

Kosta Lekas KLekas at FOXRIVER.COM
Mon Aug 29 14:54:46 IST 2005

On 26 Aug 2005, at 21:42, Kosta Lekas wrote:

I am using postfix 4.42.9

When I test a message using “spamassassin -D -t
--prefs-file=/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --mbox
/home/spambin/mail/testspam” I get the following output so I know
bayes is working. But when the same message comes thru MS as a normal
email it does not trigger bayes test. I have includes my
spam.assassin.prefs.conf below

Check your Bayes permissions. Running Postfix, the Postfix user must have
suitable permissions (i.e. Ownership) of the bayes_* files

<Snipped>

 # Change X-YOURDOMAIN-COM to match your %org-name% as

# set in MailScanner.conf

#bayes_ignore_header FRFR-MailScanner

#bayes_ignore_header FRFR-MailScanner-SpamCheck

##bayes_ignore_header FRFR-MailScanner-SpamScore

#bayes_ignore_header FRFR-MailScanner-Information

You MUST also uncomment these lines and ensure these headers match the
settings in MailScanner.conf as detailed in the comment at the top of
this section or else your auto learn will be making tokens from the
headers your MailScanner is adding.

Drew

I figured out what the problem was. Everything was working correctly
it&#8217;s just Max SpamAssassin size = 30000 was chopping my incoming
messages and therefore all my spam that I have been teaching bayes with
was getting chopped when being delivered so bayes wasn&#8217;t triggered
on any of them. Once I set this to a higher value I saw bayes scores in
my spam reports.

kosta

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for
viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is