Ruleset for archiving mail

Richard Smith xplora at MEDIADESIGN.SCHOOL.NZ
Mon Aug 29 07:03:59 IST 2005

On 29/08/2005, at 1:18 PM, Mike Kercher wrote:

> MailScanner mailing list <> scribbled on Monday, August 29, 2005
> 5:17 AM:
>

>> I would like to archive mail for one address.  Not spying,
>> just allowing messages to be deleted from a mailbox used for
>> incoming requests as they are processed, while keeping an
>> untouched record elsewhere.
>>
>> When I specify:
>>
>> archive = /etc/MailScanner/rules/archive-ruleset
>>
>> it is interpreted as a mbox file to which messages should be
>> appended.  How do I tell MailScanner that this is a ruleset?
>>
>> Given that I get this right, I presume that the contents
>> should be something
>> like:
>>
>> To:    info at domain    info-archive at domain
>>

> archive = /etc/MailScanner/rules/archive-ruleset.rules should do
> the trick.
>
> Mike

What Mike means is, all of your MailScanner rule files should
have .rules on the end of the name, this helps MailScanner know the
difference between a ruleset and what you are seeing happening to
your file, with it being treated as the output of the archive setting.

- Richard

--
http://www.mediadesign.school.nz/

CAUTION: This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error you must not use, disclose, copy or retain
it. Please immediately notify us by return email and then delete the email.

MailScanner with McAfee UVScan, and is believed to be clean.