spamassassin tmp files in /tmp directory

Sat Aug 27 09:13:11 IST 2005

Hi!

>> day and i am noticing that /tmp is getting filled up with
>> spamassassin.*.*.tmp files and these are as old as feb 2005. Is something
>> not right ? Arent these supposed expire by themseleves ? Should i be
>> writing script to clean up the /tmp i have other boxes too but i dont see
>> similar behaviour. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
>>
>> SpamAssassin version 3.0.4 running on Perl version 5.8.2
>>
>> -rw-------    1 root     root        12258 Apr 11 17:33
>> spamassassin.10016.z4H5Ae.tmp
>> -rw-------    1 root     root         6662 Feb 22  2005
>
> <snip>
> Is there a recent one?  I can't see that on my server.  Do you have a
> spamassassin process running in parallel?  Maybe look at you
> spamassasssin prefs file?

It looks to me, allthout 70k isnt that much per day, your machine is
overloaded during those times. SA times out and you will be stuck with the
remaining tmp files. You can safely delete them, and uit you use some
tmpwatch alike tool they will be cleaned out automaticly.

Bye,
Raymond.