File Type enforcement feature

Matt Hampton matt at CODERS.CO.UK
Fri Aug 26 23:32:28 IST 2005

Gentlepeople

I have been toying with the idea of coding an extentension for
MailScanner which is a combination of the filetypes and filename feature.

A third configuration file would be included which  would be of the
syntax: extension, regular expression, description

e.g.

avi   AVI Avi Movie
pdf   PDF document Adobe Acrobat PDF Document

When MailScanner encouters a file with .avi extension which doesn't
produce "AVI" from the "file" output it would do the normal
delete/store/warn?

I am guessing that I can probably just munge the existing SweepOther.pm
to do this - and looking at the code I reckon it won't be too hard to
implement.

Can anyone see a use for this?

cheers

Matt